Registration Upgrades and Downgrades
- Registrations cannot be downgraded from Full Registration to Partial Registration.
- Upgrades from Partial Registration to Full Registration will be granted at the discretion of the Management. When authorised, the Full Registration fee amount is applicable and any difference between that fee and previously paid registrations must be paid.
- Refunds are not automatically granted. Refunds are made at the discretion of the GOLD Lactation Conference Manager.
- All requests for refunds must be received no later than 12:01am April 15th, 2013 (Pacific Standard Time). No refunds will be granted after that time.
- A handling fee of CAD$40 will be deducted from each refund.
- Refunds will not be granted if a delegate fails to attend the conference (not logging into the site).
- Refunds will not be granted because of a delegate's software incompatibility or technical failure (see Technology below).
Individual Delegate Substitutions
- Delegates may request a substitute for their registration up to 12:01am April 15th, 2013 (PacificStandard Time). This request must be emailed to
- Once a Group has been registered (paid or ordered), additional delegates cannot be added later. Additional delegates must form another group or register as individuals.
- Passwords will not be issued until payment has been received.
Accreditation / CERPS, CME's, CNE's
- GOLD Lactation has applied for CERP, CNE, CME, and CPE accreditation, applicable to Lactation Consultants, Nurses, Doctors and Dieticians respectively.
- In order to receive accreditation for a particular presentation delegates must be logged-in with their own username & password.
- It is each delegates' own responsibility to collect their certificates.
- Certificates can be collected until June 30th, 2013 after the opening of the Conference once a delegate has completed their educational goals.
- Certificates are automatically generated once a delegate has completed their Attendance Record. The Attendance Record can be checked off on an ongoing basis or once the delegate has viewed all presentations of interest.
- Attendance Records must be completed before submission. Delegates are only able to submit their Attendance Record one time. GOLD Lactation Conference Administration is not able to amend Attendance Records once they have been submitted.
- Certificate collecting deadline is 11:59pm Saturday June 30, 2013 (Pacific Standard Time).
- Late or replacement Certificates will be subject to an administrative fee of CAD$40.00
Room Capacities for Full Registration Delegates
- There is a limitation of 200 participants per live session (including the Presenter(s) and GOLD Lactation Support Team).
- Seats will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Conference rooms will open from the Presentation Lobby approximately 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start.
- Neither paying the "Full Registration" Conference fee, nor filling in a Conference plan (on the Schedule page) will guarantee you a seat in a particular session.
- The organisers have taken measures to mitigate the effects of this for delegates:
- All sessions will be repeated live 2 hours after the start of the first one.
- All sessions are recorded and will be available for viewing for the duration of the conference.
- The GOLD Lactation Technical Team will provide online technical support for delegates during the Conference, but are not responsible for ensuring that a delegate's computer specifications and internet configuration enable them to participate in GOLD Lactation’s online activities and resources.
- Delegates are strongly advised to ensure that their computer and software configuration meet the following specifications:
- Adobe Flash Player 8 or higher. You can download this for free at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.
- Minimum Internet connection speed: At least 56.6kbps is recommended.
- Speakers or a headset.
- Lower internet connection speed may affect the quality of your live conference experience. Lower resolution recordings will be available after the live portion for the delegate’s convenience.
- Take our 20 second Technology Test now to check your Computer's capabilties.
GOLD Lactation 2013 Conference Timeline
- Keynote Presentation (Opening Address) takes place on April 16, 2013 at 14:00 GMT and 23:00 GMT. This is a complimentary event open to both registered Delegates and the general public. Reservation are required in order to receive a link to the online meeting room where the presentation will occur. See the Keynote Presentation page to reserve your seat.
- GOLD Lactation Online Conference begins on April 22, 2013..
- Live Conference Presentations occur between April 22-26, 2013. Live Cultural Presentations and Live Hot Topic Presentations will occur on selected dates following the live conference week.
- Presentations will be available via recordings from shortly after the live presentation week (on or around April 26th) until the end of the conference on May 31, 2013.
- Cultural presentations, Hot Topics and Industry presentations will be available as recordings from shortly after they occur live until the end of the conference on May 31, 2013.
- Forums are available from confirmation of registration until the end of the conference on May 31, 2013
- Certificates must be collected by 11:59pm Saturday, June 30, 2013 (Pacific Standard Time).